Wednesday, March 14, 2007

My Favorite Blog Today

I went outside this afternoon and was really surprised to discover that it was 72 degrees. There are birds singing, and some small animals scurrying around. I can hear them but can't quite see them. The only thing missing was a butterfly. Oh, there's one.

I stumbled across that really nice pic just in time for this oh-so-beautiful weather over at Bountiful Healing, which is chock full of truly inspired original photography work by Robin, its author.

She's a quitter too (six years strong, whoa), that's actually how I stumbled across this site. Always looking for a good quit story. In a recent post, she recalls some details of the determination required to succeed.

"I once took a killer craving, mentally shot it out into space, and wondered if there was some creature on another planet suddenly hit by nicotine cravings crying out 'I want a cigarette!' and then wondering what the heck a cigarette is and why he was craving it."


I can't wait to see what she captures next with that camera of hers.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came over to tell you about my camera and find you've written a post about my blog. I'm flattered! Thank you. :)

I'm using a Kodak EasyShare Z740. It's my first digital camera and, having talked with others, I decided I needed something easy, but with manual options for when I decided to venture out and learn a little about photography. This one fit my needs and I've been amazed at the quality of the photos.

Congratulations on doing so well with your quit! I hope you're rewarding yourself along the way. It's how I spent my quit money (lol!). Well worth it, too. I was looking at my quit meter the other day and I'm up to about $30,000 saved by not smoking. Too bad I didn't sock it all away somewhere.

March 14, 2007 at 4:56:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thirty grand, that's a lot of rewarding!

I'm putting my saved cash in a box so it doesn't get accidentally spent a little here and there.

This way I can intentionally spend it all at once later!

I'd put up a picture of the money box, but I can't find my camera! I can afford a replacement soon for sure, though :)

March 15, 2007 at 9:37:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin was my quit buddy 6 years ago, and I remember when she emailed me the same thing, about coiling up a craving and tossing it into outer space. Two quits later, and about 1.5 years without a cigarette, I can quite honestly say that without her, her blogs, and some other people and their blogs, I couldn't have done it, so you picked a winner :)

Keep going on the quit. Every day gets better. And bravo for quitting in the first place!

March 15, 2007 at 10:07:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

30 grand saved from quitting? Wow, that's impressive! I wish I had kept aside the money I've saved from giving up the habit, but to be fair; one of my reasons for quitting was that I couldn't afford to smoke any more.

July 7, 2007 at 6:20:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

via RSS
via E-Mail
54 Things To Do Instead Of Smoking
Still Alive After Quitting Smoking 14 Days Ago
Quitzits!