Thursday, March 8, 2007

Quitting Smoking Day Five: Summary

I'm getting pretty close to the end of day five over here, and wow there are a lot of you reading!

I must admit, I am nothing if not grumpy today. Every little thing has been setting me off. At least nobody's around for most of the day, so the effects are minimalazed to a reasonable extent. I've tried to take some good deep breaths and kind of keep myself mellow now that we're all back home sharing our spaces for the evening. How good of a job I am doing remains to be seen.

Yes, I ate Santa.

No, I never got any respectable sunflower seeds. I'm trying some other things, and will report over the weekend. Promise.

I have had occasion to learn that running still sucks. We ran out of heating oil overnight (can you say, "Chris is in inattentive idiot?"), and the delivery arrived while I was down the street getting the boys from the bus stop. Knowing that the oil guy needed to be paid before pumping any oil, I had to sprint the length of the street to make sure I got to him before he decided to leave.

I didn't hack up a lung or anything, but wow did my sides cramp up. We're only talking about like a thousand feet here. I guess I should start working on that too.

I have given some consideration to the exercise section of this plan, the bulk of which is slated to revolve around my heavy punching bag. That sucker is an instant stress reliever, only problem is that it's in an unheated area. Well, That's not the only problem. It's going to get down to three degrees tonight. Total 'nother problem. And some spring cleaning is in order if I think I'm gonna get anywhere near the thing. Okay, three problems.

Things are looking up quite a bit for next week's high temperatures though, so I might just have a chance to wrap the hands up and throw a few punches after all.

All you quitters out there reading, keep your quit on. Everybody else, think about it.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude I knew you were going to eat him

March 8, 2007 at 8:01:00 PM EST  
Blogger msmachine said...

Excellent Chris! Keep it up. Each day is an accomplishment. Lots of great things are in store for you.

March 8, 2007 at 10:09:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo: Somebody had to do it, I was just the first one to step up to the task...

msmachine: I can't wait, every day already brings some small pleasant surprise.

March 9, 2007 at 8:04:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

via RSS
via E-Mail
54 Things To Do Instead Of Smoking
Still Alive After Quitting Smoking 14 Days Ago
Quitzits!