Monday, March 5, 2007

Day Two Sucks

So it's day two of my quit smoking cold turkey adventure, and I am pretty much a nutcase. I've almost smoked around fifty times, and have been quite jittery since I hit the 35 hour mark.

I drank a pot and a half of coffee this morning. Each mug seems to stave off the craving for ten minutes or so. It takes around ten minutes to finish a cup, so I basically just kept sucking it down for three hours straight.

I finally drank enough so as to be unsure whether I have the jitters from caffeine or from nicotine withdrawal, which is easier for me to deal with than knowing for a fact that it's the latter. I don't know why this is true, but that's just where I'm at right now.

There's also a huge bag of sunflower seeds here, which I probably never would have thought of. Kelly left them lying here, and they are doing a good job of giving me something to do with my mouth.

Between the salty seeds and all that coffee, I'm thirsty. I switched to water a while ago, still thirsty. And grumpy. Good thing there's nobody else here, or I'd probably be less-than-pleasant company for the unlucky person(s).

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just remember Chris...quitting isn't for wimps!

You've got to power through the craves and look for help when you need it...

March 5, 2007 at 2:17:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, KIDDO! Chris, keep your eye on the PRIZE! Over 1 million people QUIT SMOKING PERMANENTLY EACH YEAR. I know I am one of them and I expect you to join those ranks, too. It's a rough road for the first few days but you are prepared well. I read that men have an easier time quitting because their brain is wired differently than a woman's. Let's see if they told the truth.

March 5, 2007 at 3:17:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are awesome, I'm gonna hang tough!

March 5, 2007 at 3:28:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

via RSS
via E-Mail
54 Things To Do Instead Of Smoking
Still Alive After Quitting Smoking 14 Days Ago
Quitzits!