Saturday, March 3, 2007

The Quit Goes On

Tonight I smoke my last cigarette. Ever. I'm excited about doing it, which will get me through for awhile, and then it'll have to be willpower. Fortunately, I am quite the willful one. Go ahead, ask anybody. They'll tell you.

I'm finding myself just a little nervous as the time draws near. Not nervous because I think I'm going to break, because I don't, but nervous about how much these next few days are going to suck. I'm minimizing this for now by thinking about how much worse some people have it than I'm going to.

Quitting smoking, big deal. There are people out there who don't have a warm place to sleep, or food for themselves or their children, people whose difficulties are unlikely to fade in a couple of weeks. I bet they'd love to trade problems with me, while I sit here complaining about not smoking cancer sticks.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

via RSS
via E-Mail
54 Things To Do Instead Of Smoking
Still Alive After Quitting Smoking 14 Days Ago
Quitzits!