Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Can I Take a Message?

The funniest thing just happened. My younger son wanted to call Mommy at work and feel her out on the possibility of going to a certain rodent-themed kids restaurant tonight. That's not the funny thing.

You ever put a six year old on the phone?

So he asked for her by name, and the poor girl who answered the phone didn't know who she was talking to, and it turns out that Mommy was in a meeting. If he wanted to leave a message though, she offered...

Poor girl had no idea the can of worms she was opening. She now knows more than she could ever need to know about fundraising night, and getting a bunch of extra tokens, and how 15% will be contributed to the PTA or whatever, etc.

I considered, just for a brief moment, jumping in and rescuing her, but ultimately decided I didn't want to be responsible for ruining the potential the whole thing has to like on one of those while you were out slips.

Looking back now (and laughing my ass off), I'm confident I made the right choice.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

via RSS
via E-Mail
54 Things To Do Instead Of Smoking
Still Alive After Quitting Smoking 14 Days Ago
Quitzits!