Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Mmmmm... Lasagna in a Can

I haven't been sleeping for any lengthy periods of time throughout this whole quitting smoking thing, but I did manage to get in another hour and a half before the phone woke me up. It's not as bad as it sounds, as I plan on sleeping away Wednesday to a large extent.

By the time I got the boys home, we were all starving. For myself, this was for not having eaten anything for most of the day. The empty lunchboxes they brought home would seem to indicate a different situation for the youngsters, but you wouldn't know it by their appetites. Some days they just might eat more than me. Damn, they're getting big far too quickly.

Oh yeah, back on topic... which is listed as lasagna. We had some, and it tasted like it's supposed to, and full bellies were had by all. My seltzer and sunflower seeds have been restored to their former tasty selves as well.

All this yumminess brought on the reflexive thought of an after-meal smoke, the first significant one of the day. This I was able to dismiss without much difficulty by reminding myself that I don't smoke. What a stupid reflex to have, huh?

Three quarters of the way through day three, and things are going better than expected. This is the longest I've gone without smoking in fifteen years, and I'm feeling okay.

Yesterday sucked, but today is fine so far.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent progress Chris-- I have a couple youngsters myself. They'd eat me out of house and home and run circles while doing it.

KTQ for you, but let them reap the rewards.

I'll let you know the doc's number for the BC when you're a little further along! :-)

March 7, 2007 at 12:05:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

via RSS
via E-Mail
54 Things To Do Instead Of Smoking
Still Alive After Quitting Smoking 14 Days Ago
Quitzits!