Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Blue Hair?

I'm well into my fourth day of my smoking cessation. Instead of harping on that right now, let's do something a little different.

Last week's light humor
involved my younger son getting on the phone. This is an infrequent occurrence, but he ended up with a phone to his ear yesterday again.

He wanted to know if he could dye his hair blue. Yeah. There's no way I was about to take the heat for even appearing interested here.

"Ask your mother." Another potential disaster averted, right? Right.

"Can I call her right now and ask her?"

What's the worst that can happen?

A minute and a half later: "It was Daddy's idea..."

"Yeah, Dad said to call you!" It was the other one, chiming in. They were teaming up on me! What the hell?

I'm working on my "make a long story short" technique, so here goes: I ended up getting questioned, some other stuff happened, and right this minute both of my kids are at school with blue hair.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blue hair? How old are they?

March 7, 2007 at 10:48:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son (5) insisted on a mowhawk with his last haircut. Scary part is that he can really pull it off...

March 7, 2007 at 4:17:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie, they're six and eight, soon to be seven and eight.

Seuss, that rules. I never had the courage to give myself a mohawk (at least not yet), so have been intermittently trying to convince the little'uns to do it for a while now. They're not buying into it, though.

March 7, 2007 at 5:02:00 PM EST  
Blogger Bea said...

Thank you for leaving a comment in my weblog, so I could find yours! Good job on quitting. I'm on week 1...

March 8, 2007 at 1:05:00 PM EST  
Blogger Robin said...

I came by to say hi after reading your comment on my (Bountiful Healing) blog.

Well done on reaching Day 5! Just keep hanging in there, no matter what, and I can guarantee you that it will get better.

Blue hair, eh? Cool. :)

March 8, 2007 at 1:31:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beatriz, that makes both of us on week one. Everybody says these first seven days are the toughest, and we're almost through them. Let's not screw up now that we've come this far!

Robin, thanks for the words of encouragement, after six years you oughtta know. I'm right behind you, no way am I screwing up this time.
PS- Nice socks! *chuckle*

March 9, 2007 at 9:04:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

via RSS
via E-Mail
54 Things To Do Instead Of Smoking
Still Alive After Quitting Smoking 14 Days Ago
Quitzits!