Friday, March 9, 2007

Apples Do Nothing For Cigarette Cravings

Note to self: The doctor still hasn't showed up yet though, so that old adage may still hold true.

I haven't touched a cigarette in five and a half full days (I feel like one of the kids saying that, the six and a half year old in particular). As of five minutes ago, I weigh exactly the same as I did last weekend, which means I'm mostly keeping myself from eating a bunch of garbage to control cravings.

For some reason or another, I just found myself thinking about a cigarette. As I have been doing in these situations, I tried something new, an apple this time.

While I am satisfied that the doctor will likely not be making any house calls this day, a big chug of flavored seltzer water (it's black cherry right now) is far higher on the it fights cravings scale than the apple, which sits at zero.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now Chris...just so I'm clear...you didn't try to *smoke* the apple...right?

I'm partial to the lemon/lime seltzer, but watch the intake. Some of the seltzers can have a ton of sodium even if there isn't any calories.

KTQ!

March 9, 2007 at 2:45:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha, apple smoking... sounds like something I might have seen in a movie or something. Or was that high school?

I checked out my seltzer, and it has no sodium either. Just water and lots of bubbles.

March 10, 2007 at 6:33:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

via RSS
via E-Mail
54 Things To Do Instead Of Smoking
Still Alive After Quitting Smoking 14 Days Ago
Quitzits!