Monday, March 26, 2007

Trial Seperation -- I Never Thought It Would Be Me

It was a damned good run, I'll say that much.

Everything was going just fine, better than fine even; It was a love affair, for crying out loud.

The heat has gone lukewarm, and I'm just not feeling it anymore. I am left with no choice but to take a coffee break...

Insert blurry edges here, as we fade to memories of my school years. There was this guy everybody used to call Mister Clean. He wasn't bald or anything, but he didn't drink, smoke or get involved with whatever drugs or other interesting things most of his buddies found occupying their free time during any given three month period.

I'd love to know what ever happened to that guy. I can't seem to find him in google, so I guess he didn't end up as a rocket scientist or a murderer or anything interesting. I know, that was terrible, even for me.

For those still reading, time to get rid of the blurry edges. We're safe and sound back in good old 1985. 2007. Whatever.

So I'm on day 23 of my big cigarette quit, and now it's looking like coffee will be off the list too, at least for now. I'm starting to feel like Mister Clean, it's quite unexpected. Coffee has been tasting terrible to me for the last few days, like it's burnt or something. I don't know how many cups I've dumped since-- maybe Friday?

I actually decided yesterday after being disappointed (yet again, such is life it seems) not to even bother for awhile. The stuff never exactly kept me awake anyway.

I ended up giving it one last, unintentional shot this morning. I made a pot for Kelly so she could bring some to work as usual, and it turned out there was no creamer in the house so she ended up leaving it. This, presumably in favor of Dunkin' Donuts, where they are much more diligent with the cream supply than myself.

I figured I might as well see, right? Dumped the whole pot. It just tastes terrible. Maybe it always tasted terrible, and I just didn't know it because I was smoking, maybe it's just another phase in the transition to becoming a full-fledged nonsmoker. One thing however, is certain. It's definitely weird.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, I am surprised it has taken you this long. I used to drink coffee, then decaf, but still ALL day long..now I might have two a day, the "love" affair is gone..not sure if the Chantix is part of it, but the cigs sure were..Just plain water taste good now, and I hardly drank it before.
Sheila

March 26, 2007 at 3:48:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on Day 23! :)

That's the trouble with self-improvement projects: They snowball. And before you know it, you're taking on titles like Mr. Clean.

I never liked the taste of coffee (even smoking didn't help) and only recently took up drinking it because of studies showing it's good for you. I hold my nose and chug it down. I might give it up and go back to tea.

March 26, 2007 at 4:26:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Bea said...

Wonderful! I'm on day 24 and I'm doing perfectly fine. Maybe getting sick after quitting helped to relate icky with ciggies.

As for coffee, my intake is minimum these days. I'm Colombian, that ain't easy.

March 27, 2007 at 12:15:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm on day 19 :D
Don't and Didn't drink coffee, however my stop smoking has caused alot of "stops" as your has!
Keep keepin on!!! fellow NoN smoker!!
Healthy Lifestyle is a choice!
Cheers
Rene

March 28, 2007 at 8:41:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

via RSS
via E-Mail
54 Things To Do Instead Of Smoking
Still Alive After Quitting Smoking 14 Days Ago
Quitzits!