Friday, March 23, 2007

Calming Down On The Junk Food

I'm trying to avoid filling up on garbage food throughout the day (and night) now. Twenty days of eating crap is quite enough, thank you. I'm not going to go vegan or anything, but I have been leaning toward some of the more widely accepted common sense practices today.

A big one is to eat smaller amounts, more often. I also went ahead and traded my usual snacks (which have been ranging from halloween candy to cookies to donuts) in for some Triscuits and an empire apple. I forgot how good the empires are, we usually have granny smiths in the fridge.

I want to do a little more research on nutrition. Not to go crazy with it, but a better idea of how much of what kinds of substances are especially important and a few pointers on things to avoid, besides the obvious, will probably go a long way.

I have a dentist appointment next week, too. First one in around ten years. I never said I've been taking wonderful care of myself. So the dentist is not likely to be thrilled with the amount of cleaning to be done, but I'm hoping to soften the blow with the news that I've recently quit smoking. That should get me at least a slightly more mild lecture.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger acwo said...

I like your blog very much
keep it up!
acwo
http://tytka.blogspot.com

March 23, 2007 at 3:42:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you. :)

It's amazing how good stuff tastes when you're not smoking, isn't it?

Are you craving potatoes yet? I swear, just about everyone I know who quit (including myself) craved potatoes (which initially took the form of eating potato chips and then realizing it was time to move on to something healthier).

March 23, 2007 at 4:55:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dude!
Wasabi peas are good, all natural almonds help to trim surface fat and build muscle, and they are delicious...
You're still pretty new. Don't let the fat get you down... It'll will drop at 6 months from what I hear.... results still to be seen.

who are these other people?? are you a member of other sites too?

I know very lil about all this so, whatever really...

Flyinfree

March 24, 2007 at 8:18:00 AM EDT  
Blogger msmachine said...

I have found a new appreciation for food. I have tried lots of new foods and discovered that I like things that I didn't like when I smoked. I am eating so much better now and I feel better. By the way, I have lost weight! So excited to find that you are a non smoker!

March 24, 2007 at 6:36:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin, I sure did have the potato chip phase, glad that didn't last too long.

FF, I'll try that yummy stuff, and all the other awesome folks that pop in? It's the internet, it's worldwide man. Everybody's welcome here in my little chunk of it, except any smokin' or brawlin' has to be taken outside.

Msmachine, I'm starting to notice a major change in the taste buds over the last few days, started writing entries about some already. Will be trying lots of new things.

March 25, 2007 at 7:22:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Bea said...

I was eating a lot of carbs. Now I'm trying to take care of that, and I also want to start doing more exercise. Now that I renewed my thyroid pills prescription, I'll have more energy!

March 27, 2007 at 12:16:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

via RSS
via E-Mail
54 Things To Do Instead Of Smoking
Still Alive After Quitting Smoking 14 Days Ago
Quitzits!